Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hulk Smash

I need my vacation now more than ever.  In three and a half weeks, Robert and I will be leaving for our long awaited departure to Japan.  Our Itinerary is 95% complete with the exception of booking the hotels for our 4 night stay in Tokyo and 1 night stay in Hiroshima.

I'm very tired and overwhelmed between work, my application to school and planning this vacation.  Robert pointed out to me the other night that I've been doing an occasional Jekyll & Hyde dance for the past few weeks.  One minute I'm fine, content and cheery and the next minute I'm ready to smash heads.  This is how I know I'm a wee bit burnt out. . . or just plain crazy.  I know what you're thinking . . "she's hormonal" and "it must be that time of the month".  It's really not, but now you're probably thinking "denial is a common sign of crazy hormonal rages".  Really, I'm not.

I've been looking at ways to deal with my recent stress.  Before paleo, I would just eat to my hearts content.  Sweets and breads always hit the spot and made me feel good for the moment, but then I'd end up feeling like crap with headaches and general blah.  I don't have cravings for those things anymore (thank goodness) but I still need ways to cope with my stress.

I've tried meditating and breathing which works for a bit but then I start thinking about all the things I still have to accomplish.  My mind wanders quickly and during times like this I find it more frustrating to focus on my breath then just deal with my tasks.  But, I like the idea of meditation and will continue to practice.  I understand it takes time to get into a groove.

I listen to classical music, which helps a lot as well as laying on the couch and watching a feel good movie or listening to my 'go to' paleo podcasts.  And I suppose writing this blog post is even a bit therapeutic at the moment.  Now that I think about it, I'm actually starting to feel a little better and I think I'll cut this short and relax.

Thank you for listening :)

1 comment: