Thursday, November 18, 2010

A serious contemplation of education

*orginally posted Nov 8th on my other blog


For those of you that know me, you are quite aware that I'm not incredibly thrilled with my current job. I work in the financial industry, mostly doing pawn like work, and while the job itself is fine, it lacks the ability to keep me interested.

The past few years I've thought long and hard (that's what she said) about what I've wanted to do with my life. With pawn like work, I've felt like I've had no real direction or purpose. If you've ever been in this position you can understand how stressful, depressing and demotivating it can be. It was only a few weeks ago that I realized I may have found the direction I probably should have gone years ago . . . Nutrition.

On Saturday I attended an Open House at the Institute of Holistic Nutrition. I had been researching the school for a bit and decided to attend to get more information. There were lectures on adrenal fatigue and nutrition in relation to memory retention and the psychology of disease. I felt incredibly comfortable as I sat there like a sponge absorbing all this fascinating information. I gathered all the information I could and left feeling invigorated about the possibility of finding a career that was meant to be.

As I continue to ponder each day, I'm realizing that it might be time for me to go back to school; as terrifying as that feels since I graduated college nearly a decade ago.

Step one: Apply

...and then we wait...

2 comments:

  1. Oh exciting! Can I do this with you? Lol

    Will you be doing a full-time in-class program? I'm considering correspondence courses part-time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come to Toronto, we'll go together! :)

    I'll be doing the full-time program over 1 year as opposed to the 2 year part-time. I'm very excited. I even purchased a chemistry text book to get a head start on the basics (nerd). :)

    ReplyDelete