Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Yummy Chicken Salad

Time flies!!  It doesn't seem that long ago that I posted the Beef Heart Stew recipe, but here we are in the new year already!  It's nice to post again, only if only for a brief moment.

School has been going really well and I'm hoping to have more spontaneous recipe posts like today's recipe in the near future.  I was in the middle of writing an essay on various "fad" diets and decided to take a break and peruse the paleo recipe site, Fastpaleo.  I can't wait to make this, and this and this!  The recipes got me thinking about my own hunger, so I threw this little chicken salad together:

Yummy Chicken Salad

Serves 2

1 cooked boneless skinless chicken breast (leftover chicken works best)
1 small carrot, grated
1 zucchini, grated
2 Tbsp of fresh dill, chopped
1 Tbsp of homemade mayo
1 wedge of lemon or lime
Lettuce of your choice

Chop the chicken into small cubes and set aside in a medium bowl.  Add grated carrot, zucchini, dill, homemade mayo and squeeze of citrus and stir.  Serve in lettuce boats or on top of a salad.  This would also make a nice side accompaniment at breakfast or enjoy on its own.


No comments:

Post a Comment