Saturday, July 17, 2010

Primal Breakfast - Eggs

Well, here we are.  A post about Eggs!

At lease 5 days a week I start my morning out with eggs.  I have also ended many days with eggs.  They're versatile, delicious and packed with fats and proteins to help fuel your daily energy needs.

I like my eggs any which way; fried, scrambled, poached, hard and soft boiled.  Firm yolks and runny yolks, eggs are awesome!

My last post got me thinking about Primal meals.  I've had a few people very recently take interest in my food choices and I've either directed them to Mark's website or let them borrow the book.  And the most common question I get is, "What do you eat?"  So, we start with the first meal of the day example!

This is how I started my day yesterday.



  • 1 cup Pink oyster mushrooms sauteed in butter. 
  • 2 eggs fried in butter
  • 2 apricots, halved
  • salt and pepper to taste
 

Very quick and simple to make and the flavours of the oyster mushrooms mimics that of steak.  Like a poor man's steak and eggs.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment